The committee is a small group of club members who are elected at the annual general meeting to oversee the general day-to-day running of the club.
Why do we have a committee?
There are a number of reasons why we have a committee.
- To help the Chair make decisions based on the clubs constitution and administer other aspects of what makes Bolton Canoe Club unique from other Canoe Clubs in the region.
- To ensure the events run by the club’s members are facilitated well and are in line with the club’s governing documents.
- To review and revise the clubs governing documents so that they best reflect the current needs of the club without losing the identity of the Club.
The committee is not, however; charged with organising club events – the committee is in place to help facilitate club events. It may happen that a number of committee do organise events on the clubs behalf.
If you would like to organise an event on behalf of your fellow club members please contact the club’s email account using the form at the bottom of the page. You will then be helped out to organise the event you want to run.
The committee are also not charged with exicuting all tasks themselfs, they are in a position of deligation and desision making.
There are six mandated committee positions. They are: Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Club Welfare Officer (CWO), Club Safety Officer (CSO), and Youth Officer. There are also four other positions that can also be filled and they are: Coaching & Volunteer Coordinator, Equipment Officer, Events Coordinator and Website Editor & IT Coordinator. There are 11 positions available in the Committee.
We also elect a Junior Representative, a junior member, who is another point of contact for the junior members. Any views and concerns of the juniors can be taken to committee through the Junior Representative via the Youth Officer.
Follow the link for the committee roles and responsibilities. It is the duty of the committee member to manage and over oversee their role and responsibilities not necessarily to execute their responsibilities themselves, potentially delegating to other members.
The current committee are listed below along with their position.
- Chair: Steve Tinsley
- Secretary: Steve Thomas
- Treasurer: David Nugent
- Welfare Officer: Emily Bigio
- Safety Officer: Steve Thomas
- Youth Officer: Christine Williams
- Coaching & Volunteer Co-ordinator: Richard Brabner
- Equipment Officer: Conor Thomas
- Media Officer: TBC
- Youth Representative: Natalie Burke
If you need to get in touch with any of them please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org